A link to my....

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Artlessness and Quickfixation

This is a some footage I made in California in the summer as part of the Meta Residency and have just put together on youtube video editor, it is the first time I have used it and it is ok. I would like to be able to play with the timing more and work with the audio a lot more elaborately (I had to pick from their library of music, I couldn't even select silence!)

But... I think it is Ok so far and at least I can share it.
So here is the first video diagram in the manual I am compiling : 
'Quick Fixes'


And like so often, I need to take my own advice....
I have been a bit artless, let things landslide off the table, 
spending so much time navigating through the invisible world of possibility and impossibility.
Let loves down by being invisible.

But the friction of boredom and fast sprouting energy
and the intangible and the tangible start to merge, my sketches and plans appear in the everyday.
layered like a lovely projection on the real, arrows pointing excitedly and bowed lines connecting things
circles surrounding things to say 'ohhhh Yes'. Alliterative Titles next to things in Bold capitals, in Bold boxes. 


Don't get me wrong, I have been laughing, I have been cooking, I have been mothering, I have been lovering,
I have been singing and dancing and swimming in the sea and giving shoulder rides and cebebrating.
But I have also been a little hidden, slothy and blurred.
Time to wake up.

Pass the Glitter....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment